Federal regulators are pressing the Supreme Court to stop big pharmaceutical corporations from paying generic drug competitors to delay releasing their cheaper versions of brand-name drugs.
Tamiflu, the most widely prescribed drug to treat the flu, is in short supply in North Texas.
Dallas County Health officials say flu cases are up 40 percent since October. The bump in cases has come earlier than usual in the flu season and has pharmacists working hard to keep flu antivirals in stock.
The owner and director of the specialty pharmacy tied to a deadly meningitis outbreak declined to testify Wednesday morning before a congressional committee investigating the matter.
Nearly a decade ago, federal health inspectors wanted to shut down the pharmacy linked to a recent deadly meningitis outbreak until it cleaned up its operations.
A North Texas man has become the latest to contract meningitis after receiving a tainted steroid shot mixed at a now discredited New England pharmacy.
A longtime Arlington pharmacist is recovering after he was beaten with a tire iron during a robbery on Saturday. Rick Ray says the robber, wearing a black Halloween mask, came into Arlington Pharmacy North and demanded all the pain medication.
According to the FDA, only about 3-percent of online pharmacies are actually obeying the law. The FDA is now warning consumers the vast majority of internet pharmacies are selling drugs that could harm them.
Anne Lenhart never thought filling a prescription at CVS Pharmacy in Dallas could land her in jail.
According to a federal search warrant, the target of Tuesday’s raid at a southern Dallas medical clinic earned more than $2 million in the past year by issuing illegal narcotics prescriptions to any patient who had proper identification.
Pharmacist J.D. Fain loves small-town life and his apothecary shop just off the main highway. He sponsors a Little League baseball team and gives his neighbors advice on their prescription drugs, even if they do sometimes choose to fill them at the Wal-Mart down the street.
Hundreds of life-saving drugs may not be available when they’re needed, according to officials inside the Food and Drug Administration.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work
- Brandon Carr Celebrity Softball Game