Health officials are reporting an alarming increase in some dangerous superbugs at U.S. hospitals. These superbugs from a common germ family have become extremely resistant to treatment with antibiotics.
A flu epidemic continues to hit the United States, according to newly released statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For the week of January 6-12, 8.2 percent of all deaths were tied to influenza and pneumonia.
Max Schwolert, a teenager from Marcus High School in the Lewisville ISD, died after developing complications related to the flu. He had been sick since Christmas Day.
The United States seems to be on track to have more measles cases than any year in more than a decade, with virtually all cases linked to other countries, including Europe where there’s a big outbreak.
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado