The state of Texas is trying to seize ownership of Warren Jeffs’ polygamist ranch where prosecutors say the convicted sect leader and a dozen followers sexually assaulted children.
A Texas jury that found a former polygamist leader guilty of bigamy is expected to begin deciding his punishment.
Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Jason Clark says officials are trying to determine if Jeffs preached a sermon to his congregation over a speaker phone.
Utah prosecutors are dropping charges against a polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs, who is serving a life sentence in Texas in a separate case.
Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs was en route to a Texas state prison Tuesday night following his discharge from a hospital at another prison where he was treated after becoming sick while fasting, a state official said.
Imprisoned polygamous sect leader Warren Jeffs has filed a handwritten motion seeking a new Texas trial after being convicted and sentenced to life in prison on child sex assault charges.
Jury selection is beginning its second day in the trial of a polygamist leader accused of sexually assaulting two underage girls.
A plea deal could be in the works for the southern Utah man whose “spiritual marriage” to an underage girl was the basis for Utah’s criminal prosecution of polygamous sect leader Warren Jeffs.
A West Texas court on Wednesday refused to rule on a request by polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs to delay his sexual assault trial so he could have more time to find an in-state attorney.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Texas Motor Speedway Firestone 550 Contest
- Rangers RHP Lewis: No Timetable After Rehab Start
- One North Texas Officer Says Ticket Quotas Do Exist…And It May Be A Ticket To A Trophy
- Parts of Granbury Evacuated Under Severe Weather Threats
- 8 Questions For Cowboys At OTAs
- Praise for Firefighter Stan Wilson Both On, Off-Duty
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.