The superdome dimmed after a power surge triggered an outage at Super Bowl XLVII.
Windy conditions have knocked out power to about 47,000 homes and businesses in parts of Texas.
A transformer fire in Dallas has left thousands without electricity. The fire broke out before 9:00 a.m. at an Oncor transformer just off Central Expressway, near Royal Lane.
Texans set a power-use record for June for the second straight day during early season triple-digit heat Tuesday.
Students and faculty at Paschal High School in Fort Worth are in the dark this morning.
Will the lights stay on in 2012? Texas electricity experts cannot say for certain. The state’s electric grid operators are coming off of a tumultuous year, one they are not eager to repeat.
The power emergency is over for the time being, but ERCOT officials still say conservation is the name of the game while the temperatures are still colder than normal.
They are the critical care safety nets for North Texas. So why was the power cut to these vital hospitals?
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado