Just four states carried out more than three-fourths of the executions in the United States this year, while another 23 states have not put an inmate to death in 10 years, an anti-capital punishment group reports.
fficials said Tuesday they have found three inmates thought to have escaped through a tunnel at a northern Mexico border prison, lowering the number of escaped prisoners to 129.
With four months still remaining, 2012 is already the deadliest year in more than a decade in Texas prisons. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice has reported 10 homicides this year, up from only three in 2011.
An accident along Interstate-30 in Arlington Tuesday morning involved a van loaded with inmates from the Tarrant County Jail. There were two inmate vans traveling on the highway during morning rush hour, and then traffic backed up near Fielder Road.
Texas historically has one of America’s highest incarceration rates per capita but has slipped to its lowest level since 2008, falling to fourth overall among the 50 states.
Proposed cuts to the health care provided to Texas prisoners could make the system unconstitutionally inadequate, experts warned lawmakers Monday.
A North Texas family has filed a federal lawsuit against the state, after a man died in a prison that didn’t have air conditioning. Larry Gene McCollum suffered heat stroke last summer, while serving time at the Hutchins State Jail in Dallas.
A former Texas inmate who cooked the final meals for hundreds of condemned prisoners is offering to start doing it again at no cost to the state now that officials have ended the practice of allowing the special last requests.
Texas State Senator John Whitmire calls it the most unusual phone call of his life. “Nothing shocks me anymore, but this would probably take first prize for the biggest, unbelievable story,” said the Senator from Houston. “No Texan should have to worry about getting a call from an inmate.”
It was a scene that conjures up thoughts of the movie “The Fugitive”. Monday morning a van with a guard and seven inmates onboard crashed on Interstate 30 in far west Fort Worth.
As part of a plan to cuts costs for the state, a North Texas lawmaker is suggesting giving some Texas prison inmates access to the internet.
RAGE got another letter from our friend in lock-up. This time, Crazy Matt teaches us prison slang and gives us a recipe for hooch. Slam the link.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.
- Kings Return Home To Practice Between Road Playoff Games
- Massive Tornado Strikes Moore, Oklahoma
- Toews Named A Finalist For Messier NHL Leadership Award
- Young Red Wings Have Evened Series With Blackhawks
- If Henrik Lundqvist Is Anything But Great, Rangers Won’t Stand Any Chance Vs. Bruins
- Garbage Truck Wreck Injures Two