Racism and discrimination allegations are troubling the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, where employees bemoaned “a legacy of intolerance” in a report.
It’s been a rough offseason for the Washington Redskins, and not just because of the knee injury to star quarterback Robert Griffin III.
Burger King said Monday that it reached out to Twitter to suspend its account after an apparent hack.
The ongoing debate over the Washington Redskins’ team name moves to the Smithsonian American Indian museum this week as sports writers, scholars, Native Americans and others gather for a conference.
Redskins. Redskins. REDSKINS!! A word that is pejorative, derogatory, denigrating, offensive, scandalous, contemptuous, disrespectful, disreputable, and disparaging.
Unfortunately, political poll after political poll reveals that the presidential election of 2012 has much to do – in fact, more to do – with the race of the presidential candidate than most anything else.
Romney supporters, including his son Tagg, have moved away from dog whistle politics and are now engaging in outright disrespectful and racist campaigning.
While it is reported that 94% or more of African-Americans support President Barack Obama over Mitt Romney in the upcoming national presidential election, the rarely-spoken question is: Are many African-Americans only voting for Obama because he’s black?
The Supreme Court is taking up a challenge to a University of Texas program that considers race in some college admissions. The case could produce new limits on affirmative action at universities, or roll it back entirely.
While there’s nothing wrong with an African-American president speaking in a black dialect, there is something terribly wrong with him speaking in a black accent and cadence when undoubtedly inciting racism to a predominantly African-American audience.
The media keeps suggesting that the racism regarding candidates has to do with whites not wanting to vote for a black man, even though Barack Obama won a presidential election with a great amount of white support in 2008. What the media isn’t talking about is the NBC-Wall Street survey results which say that there are basically no black supporters for the Caucasian candidate, Mitt Romney, in 2012.
In 2008 it seemed we had entered a new era of post-racial politics, but the dog whistle politics of the Grand Old Party has again raised its ugly head. In fact, since Obama’s election the Tea Party Republicans efforts to race bait have only increased.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Fort Worth Chase Ends With Spectacular Crash
- Best July 4th Parties In DFW
- Chicago Evens Series With 6-5 Win Over Boston
- Rangers Rally To Beat The A’s, 9-4
- Police Shoot Suspect After Irving Chase
- North Texas Man Getting Second Chance At Life
- The Adventures Of Nigel & Whippie: With Montez Bishara
- Will Animals Take Over?