With legislative adjournment looming on Monday, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst said he wants Gov. Rick Perry to call a special session to seek passage of failed legislation insisted upon by conservative Republicans.
Texas lawmakers reached a deal Friday on a two-year spending plan that would restore $3.93 billion to public schools and clear the way for taking $2 billion from the state’s rainy day fund for water projects, according to a state official close the negotiations.
The Texas House will begin slowly and selectively whittling down the state business tax this week, as Republicans work to make good on a promise to cut taxes.
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn is scheduled to discuss security and trade matters with local law enforcement and business officials in Rio Grande City.
Sen. Ted Cruz is serving as the keynote speaker at a fundraiser for the South Carolina Republican Party. The dinner has served as a showcase for notable Republicans.
A plan to spend $2 billion on a state water fund that met with conservative opposition has failed because it broke a parliamentary rule about when such a bill could be considered.
Gov. Rick Perry says he won’t sign a new state budget that does not include a tax cut. The governor has proposed a $1.6 billion tax cut after the Texas economy bounced back from recession.
“I’m a uniter, not a divider,” George W. Bush said throughout his 1999 campaign, pitching himself as a “compassionate conservative” with a broad domestic policy agenda.
Texas Republicans proposed legislation on Thursday that would adopt the current political maps, but Democrats promised to fight the effort.
Republican mega-donor Bob Perry never cared for the spotlight, but writing big checks and financing television ads in presidential campaigns made the millionaire famous.
Two pivotal senators announced a bipartisan deal Wednesday on expanding background checks to more gun buyers, an agreement that could build support for President Barack Obama’s efforts at gun control.
Texas’ top Republicans guns, Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, are teaming up to again oppose expanding Medicaid services in their state.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work
- Brandon Carr Celebrity Softball Game