J.C. Penney Co.’s first-quarter revenue fell yet again and the struggling department store operator is pointing fingers at prior leadership
Victoria’s Secret has become a household name by making ‘sexy’ mainstream. But as the lingerie retail giant competes for new customers, some parents say they’ve gone too far – and too young – by marketing to teens and tweens.
The word from J.C. Penney’s Chief Financial Officer Ken Hannah: neither he nor CEO Ron Johnson have plans to resign despite a growing chorus of critics calling for a management shake-up as they lose faith in a turnaround strategy.
The state Senate will now consider a proposal to overhaul the way beer is sold in Texas under a compromise approved by an influential legislative committee on Tuesday evening.
It’s that time of year again! This weekend time will officially change — meaning we set our clocks forward and lose an hour of sleep. Now there’s proof that hour can cause big changes in everything from health and mood, to retail spending.
Shares of J.C. Penney fell 10.6 percent on Tuesday to a four-year low after media reports said a large shareholder sold a chunk of the struggling retailer’s stock.
Eight years after Martha Stewart was released from prison for lying about a stock trade, the 71-year-old home diva is on the witness stand, in the middle of a bitter legal battle between Plano-based J.C. Penney Co. and Macy’s Inc.
The mid-priced department store chain reported another much larger-than-expected loss in the fiscal fourth quarter on a nearly 30 percent plunge in revenue in the latest sign shoppers aren’t happy with the changes it’s made in the past year.
For the third straight year the crack of the bat and the roar of the crowd has been replaced by the clangs of hammers and whirs of saws at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
Bad weather nationally is one of the reasons given for a kind of lackluster Christmas shopping season, and now retailers hope for a last-minute holiday spending spree to meet sales expectations.
As you gear up for Black Friday, retailers are doing the same.
US retail sales fell in October after Americans spent less on a broad range of goods. Superstorm Sandy may have also slowed business at the end of the month.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Rangers Coach John Tortorella Explains Benching Of Brad Richards
- North Texas Woman Condemned For Boy’s Starvation Loses Appeal
- RJ Choppy: “I’ll Eat A Sandwich From The Restroom Floor”
- James, Bryant Voted To All-NBA First Team
- Bond Revocation Hearing For Cowboys’ Josh Brent
- Texas Tax Break For Energy Star Items
- Texans With Character: Stacy Smith
- Remembering The Meaning Of Memorial Day