The private equity firms that purchased Dallas-based Neiman Marcus in 2005 are considering putting it up for sale, or taking the company public.
U.S. shoppers spent cautiously this holiday season, a disappointment for retailers who slashed prices to lure people into stores and now must hope for a post-Christmas burst of spending.
The holidays always bring Christmas shoppers to malls, but the season also brings people looking for a ‘5-finger discount.’ It’s not that there’s necessarily more retail crime going on, but crowded stores provide thieves with cover.
One area of Dallas, which has traditionally been underserved by national retail chains, is looking to get a big boost. A local developer has reportedly made plans with Wal-Mart to open a store on the corner of I-35E and Ledbetter, in Oak Cliff.
Sears plans to close between 100 and 120 Sears and Kmart stores after poor sales during the holidays, the most crucial time of year for retailers.
Pier 1 Imports plans to buy back up to $100 million of its common stock. The company said it had about 109.6 million outstanding shares.
While most people across North Texas are probably not in the holiday spirit quite yet, retailers are getting ready for the rush of shoppers.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Oakland Tops Texas, 1-0
- I-Team: Storm Shelters Rare In North Texas Schools
- Criticized Curriculum System CSCOPE Will Scrap Lesson Plans
- Fort Worth City Council Briefed On Animal Shelter After CBS 11 I-Team Investigation
- Moore, Okla. Family Finds Grandfather Buried Alive In Rubble
- Texas Lawmakers Pushing For Review Of UIL
- Rangers Skip Tepesch, Call Up Cotts
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas