Buyout specialist Blackstone Group has abruptly ended its courtship of Dell Inc. less than a month after saying it intended to trump a deal with the slumping computer maker’s CEO, according to a report published late Thursday.
Dell plans to negotiate with Blackstone Group and Carl Icahn over acquisition bids for the computer maker that rival a bid of over $24 billion from investors led by Michael Dell.
Is Michael Dell’s attempt to gain more control over his company about to turn into a financial tug-of-war? The answer could come Friday, as other offers may top his $24.4 billion deal.
Dell’s largest independent shareholder is turning up the pressure against the proposed $24.4 billion sale of the struggling personal computer maker to a group of investors that includes its CEO.
A shareholder rebellion against Dell’s proposed sale is gaining support, fueling a belief that the personal computer maker will have to wrangle a higher price to get the deal done.
Dell is trying to reassure shareholders about its proposed acquisition by a group led by its founder, saying it considered a number of strategic options before agreeing to the deal.
Slumping personal computer maker Dell announced Tuesday that it is selling itself for $24.4 billion to its founder and a group of investors that includes Microsoft.
Dell is buying Quest Software for about $2.36 billion, ending recent speculation about who the unnamed bidder was in a battle for the company with investment firm Insight Venture Partners.
The State Department is warning Americans of the potential for terrorist attacks following the exposure of an alleged Iranian terror plot.
It may be a case of a misplaced decimal point, or a few stray zeroes.
The Texas Rangers have entered into a player development agreement with Round Rock of the Pacific Coast League, ending a 28-year relationship with Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City had been the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate since 1983.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms
- As Recovery Continues, Hopes Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals
- Rangers Win Behind Recent Call-Up Wolf