Less than one percent of all students who take the SAT earn a perfect score. Matthew Estrada-Millican accomplished that feat in his first try.
An expert has suggested that tougher Texas standardized tests have not translated to statewide student improvement on the SAT and ACT.
More students in Texas have taken the SAT but their average scores for reading, math and writing are down.
The company has more than 100 complaints on file with the Better Business Bureau.
A college outreach program known as University Crossroads has been active in North Texas high schools for years. Now, the group is moving into a new home on Dallas’ Maple Avenue—making it easier for students to find them and find the help they need to navigate the college maze.
SAT reading scores for the high school class of 2011 were the lowest on record, and combined reading and math scores fell to their lowest point since 1995.
The College Board, which administers the SAT Reasoning Test, reports that math scores were down one point while scores in both reading and writing were down two.
Despite a record number of students taking the test, SAT scores in Texas hold their own.
Latest DFW News
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit
- Powerball Ticket Sales Soar
- Tornado Sucks Survivor Into The Air
- Severe Threat Increases
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest
- Man Arrested In Connection To West Dallas Killing