NEW ORLEANS (AP)– Shawn Marion had 21 points on 10-of-16 shooting, Dirk Nowitzki scored 19 and the Dallas Mavericks beat the New Orleans Hornets 107-89 on Sunday night. Brandan Wright and Vince Carter added 16 […]
With a loss to the Phoenix Suns and a win by the Los Angeles Lakers, the Dallas Mavericks have been eliminated from the playoffs for the first time in 12 seasons.
Chris Kaman scored a season-high 26 points and the unshaven Dallas Mavericks boosted their faint playoff hopes with a 96-91 victory over the slumping Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday night.
Dirk Nowitzki scored 22 points, Shawn Marion had a double-double in his return from a calf injury and the Mavericks spoiled Jason Terry’s return to Dallas with a 104-94 victory over the Boston Celtics on Friday night.
Having lost the ‘front end of a doubleheader’ by giving up 136 points to Houston, the Mavs had no choice but to alter their approach. The result: Dallas 112, Houston 108.
Vince Carter capped a 22-point performance with a 3-pointer that gave Dallas the lead with 6.5 seconds left, and the Mavericks held on for their third straight victory, 104-100 over the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.
The Mavs started the night 4.5 games behind the Houston Rockets for the eighth seed in the Western Conference, a precarious position that could have turned a loss to the Magic into a potential season-ender.
Shawn Marion and Elton Brand scored 17 points apiece, Vince Carter again provided a spark off the bench, and the Mavericks beat the Magic 111-96 on Wednesday night.
Vince Carter scored 26 points to pass Larry Bird on the NBA’s career scoring list, and the Mavericks grabbed a 123-100 win against the Kings on Wednesday night.
Shawn Marion has no desire to be shipped away from Dallas. But as the NBA trade deadline approaches, the veteran with the Swiss Army Knife skill set is doing all the things that might cause him to be coveted.
Russell Westbrook scored 24 points, Kevin Durant had 19 points, and the Thunder beat the Mavs 112-91 on Monday night while avoiding a third straight OT game between the teams.
David Lee finished an assist short of a triple-double, Klay Thompson turned in a big night with 27 points, and the Warriors toppled the Mavericks 100-97 on Thursday night.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Huey Lewis Sports Fan Ticket Contest
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work