Memorial Day may be the unofficial start of summer, but it’s also the time to honor America’s fallen soldiers, who valiantly gave their lives defending our country.
Veterans say that one of the toughest things they encounter when they return home is getting back into the swing of things after war. Now the University of Texas at Arlington is helping them do it. UTA is offering programs which provide more counselors to help the returning veterans.
The memories of the battles he fought in Iraq came home, to Fairview, with Corporal Gregory Schneider. It was the long, confidential conversations he had with his father that helped Schneider rise above the darkness that overwhelmed him after his return.
North Texas Marine Jason Allen doesn’t go far without Sarge. When the 33-year-old from Kemp is hurting he turns to his faithful buddy and it’s all thanks to an organization that matches veterans with shelter dogs and cats.
CBS 11 News Anchor Keith Garvin looks back on his trip to Afghanistan, the military personnel he traveled with and met, and answers questions he’s been asked since returning. Given everything he’d do it all again.
All but a few soldiers in the last U.S. combat brigade to leave Iraq are back home just in time for Christmas. Nearly 200 soldiers arrived at Fort Hood on Saturday, while others arrived earlier in the week.
Nearly 150 men and women landed at the airport Wednesday for some badly needed R-and-R.
If you’ve ever wanted to play weekend warrior without signing up with Uncle Sam, military simulation paintball — or milsim — might be the place for you.
More than 80 victims and family members in the worst-ever mass shooting at a U.S. military installation are seeking $750 million in compensation from the Army.
It’s America’s first war to last a decade and it began 10 years ago today. October 7 also marks the day that the course of a Plano family was changed forever.
A nationally-recognized volunteer program for greeting returning soldiers at DFW Airport is celebrating a birthday on Wednesday.
It was a homecoming twice as nice. Nearly 40 soldiers, who flew combat helicopters in Afghanistan, returned to Fort Hood on Monday.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Sex Offender List Closer To Pulling Job Details
- Texas Radioactive Waste Bill Killed For Error
- Failing Schools Could Get Special Districts
- Help May Be Available For Uninsured In West
- Cleburne Parents Arrested After Adopted Son Dies
- Tornado Hits West Texas Town Of Blanket
- Romo To Miss OTAs After Undergoing Back Surgery
- Troy Buys Shoes For Cowboys OTAs