The 77th Cotton Bowl Classic will play out in Arlington Friday night. But did you ever stop to think, who founded the annual event and how did it become so popular?
Former Texas coach Darrell Royal was remembered Tuesday as a humble champion who built a powerhouse football program and a Longhorn brand known around the world.
Texas will honor former football coach Darrell Royal with a public memorial on campus that is expected to draw several thousand people.
Crow won the Heisman Trophy in 1957 playing for Texas A&M; LeVias became, in 1965 at SMU, the first black football scholarship recipient from a Southwest Conference school.
The college sports landscape of North Texas is changing yet again.
A year ago Horned Frog fans said goodbye to the old Amon G. Carter Stadium configuration. Fifty-two weeks later fans have packed into a stadium full of construction tape and cyclone fencing to cheer the Frogs on against the Colorado State Rams.
The official Texas A&M fight song includes a line that bids farewell to Texas, “so long to the orange and white.” By this time next year, Texas A&M may have said goodbye to a lot more than its storied, century-old rivalry with Texas.
- Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
Latest DFW News
- Report: Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony Has Partial Tear In Shoulder
- Funeral For Firefighter Killed In Dallas Blaze
- Arlington Man Faces Sentencing For Meth Ring
- Fort Worth Opens Pools Closed By Budget Cuts
- The View From The New Texas SkyScreamer
- Review: “Epic” Is Summer’s Best Family Film
- TRR: Total Request Roger!
- Viral Video: Google Glass 2.0