Last week, the city of Richardson found mosquitoes tested positive in two areas: North Plano Road and East Campbell Road and Renner Road and Northstar Road. The city conducted ground spraying this week in both areas, and also sprayed storm drains at the Plano and Campbell Road area.
Dallas County Commissioners approved spending $350,000 to combat mosquitoes. The money will go towards hiring a Little Rock, Arkansas-based company to set traps each week, and spray more than 5,000 square miles throughout the season.
Two North Texas cities have announced they will spray for mosquitoes later this week. Officials in both McKinney and neighboring Frisco will conduct ground spraying on Wednesday and Thursday night.
A second person has died from the West Nile Virus in Plano, while the total number of reported cases in the city remains at 28.
The North Texas weather is having an impact on the battle against West Nile Virus. Officials in Denton County have delayed their plans to start aerial mosquito spraying tonight.
Last week, we reported on an Arlington mom whose teen suffers from the most debilitating form of West Nile virus — one which causes swelling of the brain, loss of use of limbs and comas.
Fort Worth should have test results Wednesday which could determine if it will spray in two more parts of the city.
The city of Arlington announced Friday that it will start targeted spraying for West Nile carrying mosquitoes this Sunday.
For the first time in more than 20 years, the city of Fort Worth will begin ground spraying for mosquitoes to fight the increasing number of cases of the West Nile Virus.
Around the area Thursday evening, we found people out and about despite the mosquitoes and threat of West Nile virus, from football practice to a leisure walk.
The Fairmount neighborhood, a historic area in Fort Worth, is in one of the areas that will be ground sprayed for West Nile. Not everyone there wants it.
Fort Worth is preparing to spray for mosquitos on the ground for the first time in 20 years.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Storms Developing West of DFW
- Search For Survivors Continues After Deadly Oklahoma Twister
- Thunder Star Kevin Durant Makes $1M Tornado Pledge
- Top 10 Family Cars Of 2013
- Small SUVs Fare Poorly In New Crash Tests
- Road Test: 2014 Kia Cadenza
- Severe Weather Threat Closes Schools Early
- Rare $10 Bill Marked For City Of West To Be Sold