AT&T Inc.’s board cut CEO Randall Stephenson’s 2011 pay by $2.08 million because he engineered the failed deal to buy T-Mobile USA, according to a regulatory filing Tuesday.
AT&T says it is ending its $39 billion bid to buy T-Mobile USA after facing fierce government objections.
AT&T vowed to press ahead with the planned acquisition of T-Mobile, despite concerns raised by the FCC chairman about the merger.
The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission has come out against the merger of cellphone giants AT&T and T-Mobile.
A federal judge ruled that Sprint Nextel and regional cellphone company C Spire can sue AT&T over its acquisition of rival T-Mobile.
The Justice Department is blocking AT&T’s deal to buy T-Mobile, saying the acquisition would reduce competition and raise prices.
Apple is selling “unlocked” iPhones in the U.S. for the first time, allowing owners to switch carriers to a limited extent.
Dallas-based AT&T Inc. is telling federal regulators that its proposed $39 billion purchase of T-Mobile USA would lead to fewer dropped and blocked calls and faster mobile Internet connections for subscribers, and would bring wireless broadband service to nearly all corners of the country.
Can American consumers get good wireless service at a fair price if they must choose between just two national companies?
AT&T says that T-Mobile subscribers with 3G phones will need to replace those to keep their service working.
AT&T Inc. said Sunday it will buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom AG in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $39 billion that would make it the largest cellphone company in the U.S.
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado