Tarrant Regional Water District
The Supreme Court appears skeptical of a claim by Texas that it has a right under a 30-year-old agreement to cross the border with Oklahoma for water to serve the fast-growing Fort Worth area.
New warning signs have been placed near the low water dam on the Trinity River after several drownings and a near drowning along the dam.
The nation’s highest court decided Friday to hear the lawsuit filed by the Tarrant Regional Water District. Among other things, the lawsuit sought authorization to transfer Oklahoma stream and surface water to Fort Worth, Arlington and surrounding communities.
Most people associate the implementation of watering restrictions with the summer months, but the orders can be put in place any time drought is problem – and North Texas is having that problem now.
Authorities have searched a North Texas lake for a boat operator missing since his 26-foot cabin cruiser was hit by a large wave and sank.
Clutching her cracked helmet and her arm in a sling, Mayor Betsy Price walked back into City Hall for work Wednesday for the first time since breaking her collarbone during a bike accident.
The district that supplies water to 98 percent of Tarrant County is lifting Stage 1 restrictions on its wholesale customers, prompting the cities of Fort Worth and Southlake to nix all limitations on Friday.
Richard Moore is athletic, in shape, and no stranger to challenging races. He and his wife had no fears of entering the Original Mud Run Saturday in Fort Worth. Then he saw the river crossing.
Organizers of the adventure race where a competitor died this weekend defended their safety measures Monday while participants reported chaos along the stretch where the 30-year-old man died.
By summer, the mayors of Arlington, Fort Worth, Dallas and Irving want a permanent water conservation plan in place in their respective cities.
The mayors of Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington and Irving are considering making watering restrictions permanent as part of a conservation plan.
Remains unearthed by recent drought conditions around Richland Chambers Lake in Navarro County will soon have a new resting place.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms
- As Recovery Continues, Hopes Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals
- Rangers Win Behind Recent Call-Up Wolf
- Man Card Court: Salads On Instagram
- NBA Playoff Schedule
- President Obama To Visit Tornado-Ravaged Moore, Oklahoma
- SPCA Bringing Pets From Oklahoma To DFW