While parts of North Texas has seen wetter weather, the drought isn’t over, especially for the Dundee State Fish Hatchery. Dundee, the state’s largest fish hatchery, has had to suspend operations due to lack of water.
The economic impact of a historic drought that has parched Texas and other parts of the Southwest will be felt for years, with ripple effects spreading nationwide as agriculture damage adds to increases in food prices.
The National Climatic Data Center recently issued their annual report for 2011 and developed this fantastic graphic off all the weather highlights across the Untied States last year. For the United States as a whole, […]
North Texas and most of the state is still recovering from months of devastating drought. But, officially drought conditions are now over — at least in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
A Mississippi man has been charged with selling hay to farmers in Texas over the Internet. Authorities say the problem is James Darin Hoffman had no hay.
Texas parks received fewer visitors because of wildfires and drought this year, leading to a $4.6 million deficit, state officials said Tuesday at the launch of a campaign to encourage the public to visit more often and donate much needed funds.
Climate experts and government officials are meeting in Fort Worth to discuss the severe 2011 drought afflicting Texas and the Southern Plains and what the outlook is for the future.
The severe Texas drought continues depleting water supplies for scores of municipalities statewide. As of October, the total volume of water in 96 percent of the state’s major reservoirs was at nearly 60 percent — a record low.
The North Texas Municipal Water District announced Stage 3 water restrictions starting November 1, with the goal of reducing water usage by 10%. Stage 3 allows for customers to water their lawns only twice a […]
The weekly Drought Monitor update came out yesterday and there’s a little good news, but still mainly bad news. First of all, the good news: the percentage of Texas under the worst category exceptional drought […]
Many North Texas farmers are fighting to survive the drought and keep their animals alive. Friday, a local group got some help from the north.
The effects of the severe drought in Texas are being seen in widespread damage to trees in the state.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Report: Actor James Gandolfini Dead At Age 51
- A’s at Rangers Preview
- Bomb Threat Made At Bell County Courthouse Near Fort Hood
- Mass Exodus Of DISD Teachers, End Of Year Vacancies Double
- Redfining Obesity Leads To Awareness
- UTA Reopens After Reports Of Armed Man
- Man Allegedly Kicks Dog To Death Over Apartment Dispute
- Group Says Airline Merger Would Reduce Competition