Texas Secretary of State
Gov. Rick Perry has named John T. Steen Jr. of San Antonio the 108th Secretary of State in Texas history. Steen’s appointment takes effect on Tuesday.
Across North Texas, a handful of problems plagued voters on Election Day 2012. Some of them showed up to the polls, ready to vote, only to find out their names were not on the list of registered voters.
The Texas Secretary of State’s office has announced that a record 13.64 million Texans have registered to vote
The Texas attorney general agreed Wednesday to stop purging from the voter rolls the names of 81,000 people who are listed as possibly deceased, said attorneys for four living voters who made the list.
More than 1.5 million Texans could be removed from the state’s list of registered voters if they fail to vote or update their records in consecutive federal elections. One in 10 voters has already had their registration suspended under the scheme.
Former Texas Secretary of State Roger Williams has dropped his U.S. Senate bid and is running for a new North Texas congressional seat.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members