Hundreds of millions of dollars in unpaid tolls has officials with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and statewide toll authorities asking lawmakers at the Capitol for help.
Some experts claim Texas is headed for a transportation crisis unless the state comes up with more money for highways. The current gasoline tax paid when you fill up at the pump doesn’t come close to keeping up with building and maintaining Texas highways.
It’s official; the top toll violators in Texas will now be banned from North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) roads.
Texas will soon open a stretch of highway with the highest speed limit in the country. Construction crews have begun posting 85 mph speed limit signs for the pending section of toll road between Austin and San Antonio.
Last month, the North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) posted an online list of the states top violators and while hundreds of people paid up the majority of scofflaws are still wanted.
Jose Sepulveda was sitting in his car on the ramp to merge on to Interstate-35. That’s when a DART Paratransit van suddenly slammed into his car.
More than 1,600 Texas Department of Transportation TxTag account holders can expect a credit to their accounts following a cyberattack. The cyber-theft has resulted in some $46,000 having to be credited back to customer accounts.
Just before 4:30 p.m. all northbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway, from Interstate-635 to Spring Valley Road were finally re-opened after a serious morning accident involving an 18-wheeler and two vehicles.
A police chase across at least three North Texas cities has ended, but the search for on dangerous suspect continues.
Drivers who use North Texas toll roads but ignore their bills are getting a break of sorts starting Thursday. A bill passed by the Texas Legislature has revised the North Texas Tollway Authority’s (NTTA) toll collection process.
Traffic was tied up for more than an hour Thursday afternoon on the Dallas North Tollway. The multi-car accident resulted in the intermittent closure of lanes between Keller Springs and Trinity Mills.
The board of the North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) wants to get tough on toll road drivers who owe the agency thousands of dollars individually.
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
- Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show
Latest DFW News
- Kings Fall To Sharks 2-1 In Game 4, Series Tied At 2
- Rangers Option RHP Burns For Wolf’s Spot Start
- Heat Set For Game 1 Of Eastern Conference Finals
- Texas House Remembers Sherman Hemsley
- On Brink Of Elimination, John Tortorella Has ‘Full Faith’ In The Rangers
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels Discusses The Future Of Profar
- ATF Investigating Blaze That Trapped & Killed Dallas Firefighter
- Driver Hits Wills Point School Bus & Dies