Not that you shouldn’t do it all the time anyway, but drivers in Fort Worth are being advised to buckle up and watch your speed. The Fort Worth Police Department has just beefed up its street patrols.
Texas has 11 major bridges that need repair, 11 highly-traveled highway segments that need safety improvements and 38 road segments that suffer from unacceptable congestion, according to a national nonprofit group.
TxDOT is keeping its fingers crossed a patch placed on a pothole along US 75 in McKinney just south of Eldorado Pkwy will this time stick.
It may seem counter-intuitive, but the long, soaking rains of the past couple of days actually make highway conditions safer….at least in the long run.
In just a short while North Texas will start getting the first of what is expected to be drenching rain. That means drivers will need to be extra cautious when getting behind the wheel.
Law enforcement officials across the state want you to treat yourself to a Holiday P.A.S.S. TxDOT is encouraging that everyone have a Person Appointed to Stay Sober this holiday season.
Hundreds of millions of dollars in unpaid tolls has officials with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and statewide toll authorities asking lawmakers at the Capitol for help.
Some experts claim Texas is headed for a transportation crisis unless the state comes up with more money for highways. The current gasoline tax paid when you fill up at the pump doesn’t come close to keeping up with building and maintaining Texas highways.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has started a pilot program to switch its car and truck fleet over to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
For a lot of North Texans traveling on Interstate-635/LBJ Freeway equals construction and traffic jams, but engineers across the state are using the roadwork project as a model.
The oil, gas and wind industries have been huge for the Texas economy. One result of that boom has also meant that the oversized tractor-trailers and other heavy equipment used in energy production are taking a terrible toll on Texas roads.
The commute for some North Texans could soon be getting better. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has cleared another hurdle in plans to rebuild part of I-35W in Fort Worth.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Chaos Erupts At Fort Worth Apartment Complex
- Feds Bust Prostitution Ring Called “Operation Flaming Dragon”
- Supreme Justice Alito Throws 1st Pitch At Ballpark
- Report: Actor James Gandolfini Dead At Age 51
- A’s at Rangers Preview
- Bomb Threat Made At Bell County Courthouse Near Fort Hood
- Mass Exodus Of DISD Teachers, End Of Year Vacancies Double
- Redfining Obesity Leads To Awareness