Survivors of last year’s deadly West Texas train collision who are suing Union Pacific Co. say the railroad should not be able to claim that Midland and Midland County are responsible.
This week authorities “staked out” a North Texas railroad crossing and issued 20 citations in a 3-hour period. The crackdown on drivers ignoring the flashing red lights was a collaboration between police and Union Pacific Railroad.
Four railroad workers stood on either side of the railroad crossing on Cooper Street in Arlington Thursday, holding large stop signs. Frustrated drivers with no place to turn around could only wait for the intersection to clear.
Delays and changes could ease headaches for drivers trying to maneuver through a major Arlington railway construction project.
Drivers in and through Arlington are being forewarned about a major railway construction project that will simultaneously close railroad crossings and is expected to cause traffic headaches.
Grand jurors will consider the case of a train collision that killed four veterans riding on a parade float last fall.
Drivers in Arlington can expect major traffic delays and disruptions next week, when a railroad improvement project is scheduled to shut down five major intersections simultaneously.
Two attorneys named Dale Andrew Hayden as the driver of a parade float that collided with a Union Pacific train in West Texas, killing four veterans and injuring 17 others.
There were 10 previous collisions at the West Texas railroad crossing where a train slammed into a parade float carrying wounded veterans and their families.
A freight train slammed into a parade float carrying wounded veterans on Thursday, killing four people and injuring 17 others as the float drove through a West Texas railroad crossing on its way to an honorary banquet, authorities said.
Police said that a Texas A&M student was struck and killed by a freight train. Officials in College Station identified the victim as 19-year-old Garrett Cole Luce of College Station.
A freight train barreled into a stalled tanker truck early Thursday morning in Wills Point, causing a fiery explosion that rattled nearby homes but caused no injuries.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- North Texas Fire Reveals Full-Scale Marijuana Operation
- Tech Alumni Candi Whitaker Named As New Lady Raiders Coach
- PGA Star Rickie Fowler With Elf & Slater
- KRLD Community Hero: Feeding The Hungry
- Report: Knicks’ Anthony To Have Shoulder Re-Examined; Prigioni’s Wife Wants Out?
- Texas Top 10 Sex Offender Arrested In Dallas
- The Fan On The Streets 5/20 – 5/27
- Super Bowl 50 Site To Be Decided Tuesday