Millions of dollars in college dreams came true in DeSoto Tuesday. Officials with Texas Christian University (TCU) surprised seven DeSoto High School students with full, four-year scholarships.
Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst is scheduled to discuss higher education in Fort Worth and how the state’s universities may be affected in the 2013 legislative session.
Some good news for Texas families worried about paying for college. A bill filed in the state legislature would give high school students the opportunity to earn tuition credit for doing certain community service work.
North Texan Joanne Pierre-Louie was thrilled to become the first in her family to graduate college. But, the American born daughter of immigrants was so focused on finishing — that she neglected to calculate the real cost of a degree at the school of her dreams.
Governor Rick Perry has formally pitched a four-year tuition freeze for incoming college freshmen and renewed his call for bachelor’s degrees costing $10,000 or less, including books.
Texas could help more poor students afford college if it capped the amount awarded under the TEXAS Grant financial aid program, state lawmakers were told Wednesday.
Statistics show that more Texas high school seniors are hoping to go to college — although their ACT scores show they might not get in.
Helicopter parents, impatient trustees, overworked professors, entitled athletics boosters and deeply partisan lawmakers with little cash to spare. It’s enough to make people wonder why anyone would want the job of college president.
Texas A&M is buying the law school at private Texas Wesleyan University, a purchase that sets up a public law college in the metroplex and fulfills a long-sought goal for officials at one of the nation’s largest universities.
Some parents are accusing an Arlington business of scaring people, across the country, into paying a high price to get help planning for college.
Governor Rick Perry has ordered the creation of a new collaborative online university. Perry signed an executive order Wednesday that initiates the Western Governors University Texas.
Urging against treating Texas college students like customers “shopping on iTunes or visiting Banana Republic,” a top UT administrator blasted proposed higher education reforms broadly endorsed by Gov. Rick Perry but opposed by faculty statewide.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Game 5: Quick Makes 24 Saves To Help Kings Top Sharks 3-0, Up 3-2 In Series
- Rangers Coach John Tortorella Explains Benching Of Brad Richards
- North Texas Woman Condemned For Boy’s Starvation Loses Appeal
- RJ Choppy: “I’ll Eat A Sandwich From The Restroom Floor”
- James, Bryant Voted To All-NBA First Team
- Cowboys DT Brent Gets Warned At Dallas Hearing
- Texas Tax Break For Energy Star Items
- Texans With Character: Stacy Smith