“There is a genetic change…We’re seeing it change back to what it used to look like in 2003 and 2002, when the virus first came to Texas.”
Meningitis is just one in a long list of diseases that children and some adults must be vaccinated against in Texas. But many people do not know much about meningitis.
The rate of children entering private schools without all of their shots jumped by 10 percent last year, while the opt-out figures held steady in public schools for the first time since 2004.
Dallas County Health and Human Services is offering back to school immunizations for students whose private insurance does not cover vaccines.
A new combination vaccine that protects infants from two deadly infections that can cause meningitis, meningococcal disease and Hib disease, was approved Thursday by the FDA.
Senate Bill 1107 went into effective January 1, 2012 and requires all new, transfer and returning college students, under the age of 30, to have documentation proving they’ve received the bacterial meningitis vaccination.
No shot, no service. It sounds extreme, but that’s how far some doctors are going to protect some of their patients. A growing number of physicians are standing up to families who decide not to get vaccines.
Nearly nine months ago, CBS 11 News began following a North Texas cancer patient as she started a new Dallas-based vaccine clinical trial. Find out how the vaccine is working and the changes it’s made in the Frisco mother’s life.
The Tarrant County Health Department is investigating the first two confirmed cases of the measles in 17 years.
Teens should get a booster dose of the vaccine for bacterial meningitis because a single shot doesn’t work as long as expected, a federal advisory panel said Wednesday.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members