Four homeless or indigent veterans with no relatives to claim them are being buried with full military honors Wednesday in Dallas.
The man charged with figuring out how to better serve the nation’s 23 Million veterans said he is concerned about problems CBS11 uncovered in the North Texas system.
North Texas military veterans who may be down on their luck have a new helpline. It’s the Veterans Resource Center, just south of the VA Hospital in Dallas’ East Oak Cliff area.
How Texas veterans apply for benefits and the quality of mental health care they receive will be under the microscope in the state Senate.
An injured former U.S. serviceman has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for threatening U.S. Rep. Michael Burgess while attending Texas Women’s University in Denton.
In the Metroplex alone, there are almost 15,000 female veterans under the age of 45. Nationwide, there are more than 700,000 of them in need of help.
Latest DFW News
- New Lunch Options For Lemurs At Dallas Zoo
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul (And Tiger Woods) In Vegas
- Mother And Daughter Dead; Double Homicide
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Rangers Place Ian Kinsler On 15-Day Disabled List
- Body Recovered At Lake Arlington
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit