Fort Worth’s Camp Carter YMCA is expanding its vision: to bring summer fun and technology to a special group of blind and visually impaired students. Twelve middle, high school and vocational students from across North Texas are joining sighted students for a week long technology camp.
For decades, the Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind has been working to provide the tools for the visually impaired to become self sufficient and especially how to earn a living. Now they are expanding their programs and are creating more opportunities for visually impaired North Texans.
Latest DFW News
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit
- Powerball Ticket Sales Soar
- Tornado Sucks Survivor Into The Air
- Severe Threat Increases
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest
- Man Arrested In Connection To West Dallas Killing