Voting Rights Act
The Supreme Court’s conservative justices voiced deep skepticism Wednesday about a section of a landmark civil rights law that has helped millions of Americans exercise their right to vote.
A lot of Texans are taking advantage of the flexibility early voting provides. According to the Texas Secretary of State’s Office, some of the largest counties in the state are reporting record or near record early voting turnout.
A suburban Dallas city council has approved a single-member replacement for a municipal voting system struck down by the federal courts.
Interim voting maps in Texas won’t be altered before the November elections, following a federal court rejecting the state’s original Republican-drawn maps as discriminatory.
A federal court on Thursday rejected a Texas law that would require voters to present photo IDs to election officials before being allowed to cast ballots in November.
The future of Texas’ voting districts is again in question after a federal court Tuesday found evidence of discrimination in new district maps approved by the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature last year.
A U.S. District Court ruling announced Thursday says the city of Farmers Branch is in violation of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
There are many Americans who do not have a government issued ID. In our country there is no requirement to carry ID. If you do not have a government ID, that does not make you a criminal. That does not make you unworthy of voting.
The Fort Worth City Council has approved a council-redistricting plan, but the vote was not unanimous. Critics argue the new plan completely ignores the booming Hispanic populations in the southern and central portions of Fort Worth.
The Texas Secretary of State’s office is requesting a federal database of legal immigrants to check against voter registration records.
Speaking to the NAACP in Houston, Attorney General Eric Holder decried the state’s controversial voter ID law as a modern equivalent to Jim Crow-era poll taxes.
A trial looking at whether a recently passed Texas voter ID law violates the federal Voting Rights Act continues with Texas calling witnesses to support its case.
- Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June... Indians vs Rangers - June 12,...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- IndyCar Firestone 550 At... Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Rangers vs Blue Jays - June...
Latest DFW News
- Residents Urge City To Fix Potholes To Address West Nile Problems
- Alcohol A Factor In Multi-Fatal Crash
- Rangers end 6-game skid with 8-7 win over A’s
- Plano Burglar Hitting Up Homes For Plastic
- Family Blames Dallas VA Hospital For Vet’s Death After Botched Surgery
- CareFlite To Take-Off From Frisco Permanently
- Dallas, Flower Mound Begin Spraying For West Nile Virus
- Thrifty Says Offer Of Free Rental Car Was Mistake