Some Texas applicants for welfare would be subjected to drug testing and would be permanently cut off if they fail three times under a bill passed Wednesday by the state Senate.
The Texas Senate Health and Human Services Committee has approved a bill to require drug screening before receiving welfare.
Top Texas republicans are calling for some legal changes to the state’s welfare and unemployment benefit programs. Governor Rick Perry and Lt. Governor David Dewhurst want to require mandatory drug screenings for applicants.
Gov. Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst are teaming up on Tuesday for a rare joint press conference to discuss reforms for welfare and unemployment insurance.
Romney thought he was talking amongst his teammates in the locker room last May 17 only to find out that there was somebody on the other team hiding behind the lockers. Had he known a member of the other team was lurking back there, he would have chosen his words more carefully and had presented more carefully-chosen data than the data of which he swiftly generalized.
According to Romney, Obama has taken away a number of work requirements from the federal welfare regulations. Republicans believe that Obama’s executive measure on welfare funding to states makes it easier for non-working people get a free government check.
Stricter governmental guidelines are needed for a person to receive a government paycheck. These guidelines need to involve stricter limits on what people can do with their free government paycheck. If something isn’t needed for survival, it should not be purchased with the American taxpayer’s dollars.
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado