west nile threat
Would you stick your arm in a cage filled with 150 hungry Southern House mosquitoes, which are the very that carry the West Nile virus? Thankfully you don’t have to, because researchers did just that to help the CBS 11 I-Team.
Tarrant County Public Health has begun trapping and testing West Nile virus mosquito samples. More than 200 traps, across the county, are being used for the seasonal proactive measures.
Health officials in Denton County are gearing up for West Nile Virus season and are taking steps to try and find pockets of infestation. For now, testing is being done in unincorporated areas of the county.
Health officials say they’re convinced this will be the worst year for West Nile virus deaths and severe illnesses since the disease hit America’s shores in 1999.
While the calendar inches closer to the end of mosquito season health officials in Dallas County are already working on their West Nile virus plan of attack for next year.
The North Texas weather is having an impact on the battle against West Nile Virus. Officials in Denton County have delayed their plans to start aerial mosquito spraying tonight.
Dallas County Health and Human Services is teaming up with a mosquito protection company to provide needy residents with insect repellent. DCHHS and Cutter® Insect Repellent will hand out free insect repellent to low-income residents and senior citizens.
The threat of West Nile has many parents concerned as their children head back to school on Monday but some are getting extra comfort about additional spraying.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Overton DQ’d At Colonial For Using Putting Aid
- San Antonio Flooding Kills 1; Dozens Rescued
- Escaped Prisoner On The Lam
- Fallen Firefighter Laid To Rest
- Texas Tech 8, Baylor 2
- Protesters March Against Monsanto In North Texas
- Huey Lewis Sports Fan Ticket Contest
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas