Rick Carlisle previewed Monday’s visit to Oklahoma City by saying, “‘we’ve got to know where the monsters are.”
Shawn Marion scored 18 points in his 1,000th game, Dirk Nowitzki also had 18 while passing Allen Iverson on the career scoring list and the Dallas Mavericks beat the Phoenix Suns 110-95 Sunday night.
An elbow from DeMarcus Cousins helped hand the Dallas Mavericks a win and gave Sacramento fans another stinger.
Back in 1999, while Prince was partying, the NBA played a 50 game strike-shortened season that ended with the San Antonio Spurs being crowned champions. That first title for the Spurs began their odd dynasty as they would win the NBA Finals in only odd number years (2003, ‘05, and ’07).
Russell Westbrook scored 28 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Los Angeles Lakers 106-90 to eliminate the Lakers in five games.
Russell Westbrook scored 10 of his 37 points during a stirring fourth-quarter comeback, Kevin Durant added 31 points and hit the tiebreaking 3-pointer with 13.7 seconds left, and the Oklahoma City Thunder seized control of the second-round series with a 103-100 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 4 on Saturday night.
Kobe Bryant didn’t miss on 18 free throws and scored 14 of his 36 points in the fourth quarter, and the Los Angeles Lakers rallied late for a 99-96 victory over Oklahoma City in Game 3 on Friday night, cutting the Thunder’s second-round series lead to 2-1.
Russell Westbrook had 27 points and nine assists, Kevin Durant added 25 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder blasted the weary Los Angeles Lakers 119-90 on Monday night in the opening game of the Western Conference semifinals.
Pau Gasol had 23 points, 17 rebounds and six assists, Metta World Peace scored 15 points in his return from a seven-game suspension, and the Los Angeles Lakers outlasted the Denver Nuggets for a thrilling 96-87 victory in Game 7 on Saturday night to win their first-round series.
Ty Lawson scored 32 points, fellow spark plug Corey Brewer added 18 and the Denver Nuggets forced a Game 7 in their first-round playoff series with a dominating 113-96 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night.
Kobe Bryant scored 38 points, Andrew Bynum followed up his playoff-opening triple-double with 27 points and nine rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers weathered Denver’s late rally for a 104-100 victory over the Nuggets on Tuesday night, taking a 2-0 series lead.
Gregg Popovich is the NBA’s Coach of the Year after leading the San Antonio Spurs to 50 wins in the lockout-shortened season and the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Criticized Curriculum System CSCOPE Will Scrap Lesson Plans
- Fort Worth City Council Briefed On Animal Shelter After CBS 11 I-Team Investigation
- Moore, Okla. Family Finds Grandfather Buried Alive In Rubble
- Texas Lawmakers Pushing For Review Of UIL
- Rangers Skip Tepesch, Call Up Cotts
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Oklahoma Twister Leaves Stories Of Heartbreak & Hope
- Amber Alert Discontinued For 9-Month-Old Girl