A Texas wildflower expert says intermittent rains throughout the spring should benefit wildflowers that are set to bloom later this month and in early summer.
The wildflower showing across Texas isn’t expected to be spectacular in the early spring but there could be a rebound before early summer.
Some thefts in a North Texas city have police truly digging for clues. Police in one North Texas city say someone has been stealing ornamental grasses and flowers from the city’s plant beds.
The Dallas Arboretum gets a temporary win in its efforts to use part of White Rock Lake for overflow parking, after some residents went to court to try and block the plan.
A daughter of former President Lyndon B. Johnson and her husband have given $1 million to a wildflower center named for her mother.
Today was a perfect Texas spring day, so I took my camera out into the field and spent some quality time with the flowers and butterflies.
An invasive weed commonly called bastard cabbage is blotting out large swaths of wildflowers, including the beloved bluebonnets, in some parts of Texas.
The forecast is calling for blankets of bluebonnets in Texas.
The fall and winter rains, combined with unusually warm temperatures for this time of year, have created the perfect mix for a spectacular wildflower season.
A botanist says the lack of rain in the fall will mean Texas’ wildflower display won’t be as impressive as it was last year.
A wildflower expert says that low rainfall amounts so far this year could mean a less than spectacular showing.
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado