Colonel Suzanne Adkinson has been serving in the military for over 30 years. As a member of the Texas National Guard, she believes it’s time to lift the ban on women serving in combat.
The U.S. Military is making one of the biggest policy changes in its history. CBS News learned Tuesday the Defense Department is lifting its ban on women serving in combat.
It’s probably no surprise to women that men still, on average, make more money than they do. According to the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, last year women made only 77-cents for every dollar that men made.
A new study out Monday says women in Texas are still earning less than men. But economists say, the numbers, in this case, don’t tell the whole story.
Three people who were stealing credit cards from unsuspecting shoppers are in jail, according to Arlington police.
There were so many blatant signs of Obama-favored bias displayed by CNN political correspondent Candy Crowley that one scarcely knows where to begin. She caused the difference between Romney’s huge win in the first debate and his extremely narrow win in the second.
When it comes to negotiating a pay raise, getting a promotion, or even landing a new job — women often end up settling for less than they deserve. Now, some are turning to professionals for help.
When Terri Thompson was first diagnosed with breast cancer 13 years ago, there was no question about how her cancer would be treated after she had her tumor removed.
The Affordable Healthcare Act could help Deloris Whittie pay for gas by cutting out her cost for contraceptives. Most women pay an average of $600 a year for contraception. Whittie isn’t all that happy about it because it only helps women who have health insurance.
The Lady Bears (32-0) move into Friday’s semifinal against Kansas State. Against the Lady Raiders (19-13), they built a 24-point halftime lead and kept up the pressure in the second half.
CBS 11 News followed a running group you may have spotted in Fort Worth’s Cowtown Marathon this past weekend. Black Girls Run! is a group of North Texas women who are on the move to get African American women healthy.
In the Metroplex alone, there are almost 15,000 female veterans under the age of 45. Nationwide, there are more than 700,000 of them in need of help.
- Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June... Most Romantic US Honeymoon...
- Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June... Indians vs Rangers - June 12,...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
Latest DFW News
- Texas Man Pleads Guilty To Smuggling Snakes On Planes
- Killed Pastor’s Son Says His Dad Taught Forgiveness
- Military Changes Policy On Women In Combat, Special-Ops
- Groundbreaking For New Pedestrian Bridge At Mockingbird Lane
- 5 Things to Watch For In Game 6 of NBA Finals
- Spurs A Model Of Patience & Success
- Rangers Put Baker On DL With Sprain
- Heat Need Big Game From James Again