Four North Texas county health departments are combining their planning and information to combat this year’s West Nile virus season.
Teenagers are constantly bombarded with sexually explicit messages, and Dallas County Health Director Zachary Thompson says they drown out the message of abstinence.
A new shipment of the flu vaccine is going to be available Wednesday in Dallas County. The health department is set to receive 2,000 doses. But they are not for everybody.
Dallas County Health officials say flu cases are up 40 percent since October. The bump in cases has come earlier than usual in the flu season and has pharmacists working hard to keep flu antivirals in stock.
A medical expert tells CBS 11 that the meningitis outbreak that has killed 15 people so far is nowhere near its end.
Flu season officially got underway this week and with vaccine supplies plentiful and access easy, where are the crowds? Where is the concern?
More than 14,000 people living in Dallas County are living with HIV, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services, and many of them don’t know it.
Officials with Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) are reporting that a sixteenth person there has died from West Nile Virus-related health issues.
Dallas County Health & Human Services started offering the seasonal flu vaccine on Monday, earlier this year following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
There are some differences for children needing vaccinations this year. Dallas County Health and Human Services officials say those changes, in addition to usual needs, are even more reason to take advantage of a free clinic Saturday.
Thursday afternoon officials with Dallas County Health and Human Services confirmed the 12th human West Nile Virus infection. Health workers would only say that the case is from Dallas’ 75216 zip code.
Health workers in Dallas County recommend residents use the freezing weather as a reminder to get their flu shots and they’re offering incentives to do it. To coincide with National Influenza Vaccination Week, Dallas County Health and Human Services is offering free flu shots through the flu season.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- NHL Playoffs Schedule
- More Texans Inquiring About & Installing Storm Shelters
- Rangers Release Lowe, Add Teahen As Minor-Leaguer
- Sports Verdict: Who’s The NBA’s Biggest Villain? LeBron James Vs. David Stern
- Police Seek Dallas Food Store Robber
- Approved Bill Would Drug Test Some Unemployment Benefit Applicants
- Parker Guides Spurs To 2-0 Lead In West Finals
- Krzyzewski Returning To Coach USA Basketball