Sisters and owners of Dallas Consignment, Connie Dieb and Camille Umland, offer the ladies of Dallas the very best resale selection of Birkin bags and vintage accessories. With a flair for fashion consulting and a keen eye for details, reality TV star Connie Dieb shares her tips for dressing with style this spring.
Touted as the official shop of the reality TV show “Big Rich Texas,” Uptown Consignment is located right in the heart of Uptown at the corner of Fitzhugh and Cole Avenue. Offering an impressive resale collection of luxury brands such as Balenciaga, Zac Posen, Prada, Pucci, Jil Sander, YSL and St. John, Uptown Consignment has fashionable and elegant clothing for every occasion and nearly any budget. With pieces starting at just $12, Dallas Consignment has quickly become a local favorite thanks to its owner’s buying savvy.
Related: Best Bargain Hunting in Dallas
4152 Cole Ave.
Dallas, TX 75204
5 Tips How to Dress with Style this Spring
1. Opt for black and white: Forget the florals of the season and lighten up. “Most women already have and abundance of black and white in their wardrobe,” Dieb said. “Why not pair them up? I love classic and more tailored pieces. Although black and whites are not a favorite for everyone, consider how you can work two sophisticated colors and pair them rather than work a season worth of color trends. A soft ivory paired with camel will also work when combined with seasonal neon statement accessories.”
2. Keep your neons: If you’ve already invested in the neon color trend, hold onto your pieces. Neon will be a sure hit for spring and will pair up with your black and white flawlessly. This is especially true if you have neon shoes and handbags. Add neon colors to liven up your wardrobe and opt for colorful makeup in these hues as well. A bright nail polish, punchy lipstick or neon eyeshadow will add just the right amount of on-trend colors for spring.
3. Invest in classics: Spring 2012 will see the return of classic lines. Dieb suggests investing in a few wardrobe basics like a pencil skirt, trousers, and black and white pinstripes. Pair them up with geometric designs instead of floral for a fresh look. When you shop consignment stores such as Uptown Consignment, you can really find quality basics at a fraction of the cost. Look for quality seaming, structure, fabric and shapes to make sure your investments pay off in the long run. Rather than buy these investment pieces at lesser
quality, consider consignment shopping first, and pick up designer staples to freshen up and add elegance to your spring style.
4. Kitten heels: High heels are dropping and kitten heels are in. Unless you are loyal to stilettos, like Dieb. In that case, wear your stilletos. Kitten heels are a favorite height for many women. They can be worn at the office for comfort and then paired with a few evening accessories for easy elegance. Kitten heels are also very feminine. For the most flattering styles, look for low dips that create toe cleveage, and opt for small, frilly details like stitching or bows.
5. Invest in a handbag: From a year-round animal skin to spring’s upcoming handbags with short handles, Dieb says “Always get a great handbag. With new shoes and a new handbag, you have a new outfit.”
Jodie Michalak is a freelance fashion and beauty editor with over 800 published articles. She’s a cosmetologist and skincare advocate who shares her knowledge and passion with a worldwide audience. Her work can be found on Examiner.com.