Search crews scour a pond for Letaro Micky, a 3-year-old boy who disappeared in the water. (credit: Jay Gormley/KTVT)

GREENVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – A 3-year-old boy fell into a pond and was pulled under by suction pipes while his father fished just outside of the Greenville Electric Utility Station on Monday afternoon.

Tireiger Micky had brought his son, Letaro Micky, to the pond. Tireiger said he believed the 3-year-old fell into a pond and was sucked under. Tireiger had said that he only found his son’s shoe. The father was fishing about 30 yards away from where the boy fell in.

Greenville Fire Chief Doug Caison said police were called to the area at 5:54 p.m.

The Greenville Electric Utility Station is a power plant that supplies electricity to the city. It is surrounded by two reservoirs and several small ponds. These ponds have suction pipes, Caison said, which move the water to reservoirs and into the power plant, which then produces electricity with it.

Tuesday morning rescue crews made some type of discovery and called off the the search. Divers later pulled the body of little Letaro from the water just before 9 a.m. The body was found in one of the small ponds, about 15 feet from where the boy disappeared.

Dozens of family members were at the scene waiting and watching, many having stayed overnight.

Emergency officials started searching the ponds and reservoirs at about 6:00 p.m. on Monday, Caison said. Crews remained there Monday night, the search illuminated by portable lights.

The search for a missing 3-year-old boy resumed on June 12, 2012. Crews pump water from the pond where he fell. (credit: Phyllis Smith/KRLD)

Search crews were forced to stop at about 11:00 p.m. Monday night due to storms moving into the area. Efforts resumed at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning, as Greenville public work crews started pumping water out of the pond and divers started going under the water in an attempt to locate the boy.

The body of Letaro Micky has been taken to the medical examiners office.

Also Check Out: