GAINESVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Atmos Energy is investigation another North Texas home explosion connected to a gas leak.

READ MORE: Pelvic Exams Can Be Incredibly Difficult For Women Who've Survived Sexual Assault

On Thursday a home in Gainesville exploded three hours after a gas leak was first detected in the 200 block of West Tennie Street.

Neighbor Billy Jean Otts said it sounded like a bomb.

“That’s too close for comfort,” she said looking from her backyard at the charred home.

The Martinez family, who was renting the home, was evacuated hours before the explosion.

Atmos Energy said it could take days or weeks to determine why the house exploded.

The City of Gainesville says its crews were making emergency repairs around 1:30 a.m. to a broken water main in front of the now destroyed home.

City Manager Barry Sullivan said the city crew called to check for gas lines before it started digging.

READ MORE: 7-Year-Old Venezuelan Migrant Drowns Trying To Cross Rio Grande River Into Texas

“The appropriate procedures were followed,” he said.

That’s what Texas New Mexico Power said two weeks when its crew struck a gas line in Lewisville while repairing a utility pole.

Scott Deahl, 55, was inside his Lewisville home when it exploded. He later died from his injuries.

Texas New Mexico Power blames Atmos Energy for not marking its pipeline correctly.

In a report given to the state, Atmos Energy stated TNMP used an expired locate ticket and used a backhoe at a site where manual digging would have been a better option.

As for what happened in Gainesville, Atmos Energy said it’s too early to know but said comparing the two incidents is unfair.

“There are a lot of things that happened today (Thursday) that did not happen in Lewisville and visa-versa, so to compare the two – it’s not a good comparison,” said Atmos Energy spokesperson, Jennifer Ryan.

MORE NEWS: Plano Police Investigating After Jesaias Hiram Nieves, 22, Fatally Shot

Also Check Out: