BEDFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – Fire forced guests at a hotel in Bedford to evacuate early Friday morning. The incident started just after 3:45 a.m. when emergency crews were called to the Holiday Inn, located in the 3000 block of Airport Freeway, about smoke on the building’s first floor.
The guests were startled out of bed by the sound of fire alarms. They were able to get out of the building quickly, and some were even able to gather their belongings. “I was just looking for the closest exit, and I start running down the exit and I got to the first floor, and that’s when you could see the smoke,” said one shaken patron. “I saw the smoke that way, so I ran the other way and ended up getting out the first exit I could. But it’s scary.”READ MORE: Police: Dallas Officer Arrested, Charged With Driving While Intoxicated
The blaze appears to have originated in a room on the first floor, where a window was completely broken out and a charred television sat inside.
Firefighters were able to get the situation under control without issue. Officials remained on the scene for hours to investigate the fire and continue to monitor the hotel for safety.READ MORE: US Border Agents Receiving Help On Custody Work, Returning To Field
There were no injuries reported during the fire. Many of the guests have been allowed back into their rooms, even though firefighters are still on the scene. However, some guests decided to check out for the day after the early wake-up call.
Also Check Out:MORE NEWS: US Ramps Up Plan To Expel Thousands Of Haitian Migrants Gathered In Texas
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES