FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews in Fort Worth assisted a man Tuesday morning who got his finger stuck inside of his car’s gas tank. The incident happened at around 7:00 a.m. at the QuikTrip gas station located in the 6600 block of Brentwood Stair Road, in the eastern part of the city.
The man was trying to put a gas additive into his car’s tank. He used his finger to push back the tank’s flapper, but got the digit caught in a venting tube just inside of the tank.READ MORE: Man Sentenced To Life For Murder Of Sara Hudson, Who Was Found In Burning SUV In Dallas
More than five first responders huddled around the vehicle to help the man get his finger dislodged from the gas tank. Crews had to use a hammer and screwdriver to break the plastic around the gas tank. They were finally able to free his hand after about 20 minutes of struggling.READ MORE: Rolling Away -- Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage Announces Summer Retirement
Although the man appeared to be in pain while crews worked on the car’s gas tank, the unlucky guy was not hurt — he did not even receive a cut — during the entire incident. He was freed from the gas tank and sent on his way.
Also Check Out:MORE NEWS: Uber Driver Stabbed, Carjacked By Passenger In Grapevine, Police Say
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES