DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Police were called to Baylor University Medical Center’s emergency room, after a dead fetus was found in one of the public restrooms.
The discovery was made about 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
Dallas Police Child Abuse detectives say they think they have identified the mother and are only describing her as a juvenile.
Investigators will only say the fetus was deceased, and have given no details on how developed it was or if it was viable.
Hospital visitors are in disbelief that a delivery could happen with potential help so close by.
“Very shocking, very shocking. I would never have thought to hear anything like that..not in an emergency room,” said Dallas resident Angela Moss. “You would think she would be in the emergency room and just stay there until she gets help.”
Hospital visitor Reggie Hayes said, “Horror that they would do something like that when they’re in a hospital where they could get help, you know? And doing it like that is risking your own life as well as the child.”
Vicki Callahan is trying to fathom how something like this could have occurred. “Maybe it was a young person that didn’t know what to do. She should not have did it, but—I don’t know, it’s sad, you know?”
Police are not saying if any laws were broken or whether charges could be brought. Detectives say the investigation is ongoing.
- Man In Surveillance Images Wanted For Hit-And-Run Of Pedestrian In Kaufman County
- Small Plane Crashes Into House In McKinney
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott Announces $1.6B In Teacher Raises
- FAA Meets In Fort Worth With International Regulators On Future Of Boeing’s 737 Max
- Dallas ISD Cheerleader Desiree Galloway Turns Disability Into An Inspiration