DALLAS (AP) — A man from Canada faces up to 40 years in prison for traveling to Texas and having sex with a 14-year-old boy he met online.
A federal judge in Dallas will sentence 42-year-old Phillip Amisano-Camillo later this year. Prosecutors on Monday announced the plea deal — on the same day Amisano-Camillo’s trial was scheduled to begin.
Amisano-Camillo pleaded guilty to enticement of a minor. He originally was charged with enticement and traveling with intent to engage in sexual acts with a minor.
Investigators say Amisano-Camillo chatted online with the boy in April 2012. The man in May 2012 traveled from Washington state to Dallas, enticed the boy to sneak out of his home and had sex with the teen in a hotel.
Prosecutors didn’t immediately provide additional background on Amisano-Camillo.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports Opens Its 2019 Golf Coverage
- Southwest Airlines Co-Founder Herb Kelleher Remembered As Visionary At Celebration Of Life
- Report: Rangers Agree To 1-Year Deal With Infielder Asdrubal Cabrera
- Man At Center Of Deadly Texas Church Attack Found Not Guilty Due To Insanity
- Mavericks’ Luka Dončić Fined For Kicking Ball Into Stands