IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys acquired rookie defensive end Caesar Rayford on Tuesday from the Indianapolis Colts for an undisclosed draft pick. The team’s roster now stands at 53.
Rayford was initially signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted rookie before joining the Colts in May. The 27-year-old collected five sacks in four preseason games with Indianapolis, leading the NFL.
He played his college ball at Washington University from 2004-2007, collecting 13 tackles and 5.5 sacks in 35 games.
Since graduating, Rayford has spent time with the British Columbia Lions of the Canadian Football League and Spokane Shock and the Utah Blaze of the Arena League.
With DE Anthony Spencer’s status uncertain for the opener, the Cowboys may lean on the rookie — along with George Selvie and Kyle Wilber.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Cowboys Legend Michael Irvin Undergoes Throat Biopsy, Asks For Prayers
- Spring Training Report: Here Comes Opening Day
- Conor McGregor Announces Retirement On Twitter: ‘Proper Pina Coladas On Me Fellas!’
- Baylor Women 11th Sweet 16 In A Row After Beating Cal
- Baylor Ready As Half The Women’s NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 Is Set