ANNA (CBSDFW.COM) – The father of a two-year-old found unconscious in a hot car parked in front of their Anna home has been arrested.
Joshua Cartee, 32, was arrested Friday evening, one day after his two year old son Jordan was taken to Children’s Medical Center. Jordan remains in critical condition.
The Collin County Sheriff confirms Jordan was found in the car around 2:30 p.m on Thursday, next to a home in the 9300 block of Sam Rayburn Parkway. He was breathing when he was found. Temperatures were in the mid-90s. Police say the child was able to get out of the home and into the car on his own unnoticed.
A spokesperson for Child Protective Services says the Cartee family had a similar incident in July with Jordan. A passerby found the little boy wandering around the property by himself, picked him up and called police.
At that time, CPS told the family that the toddler needed better supervision and the family was told to install safety locks in the home.
CPS has filed for temporary custody of Jordan once he gets out of the hospital. Another child in the home has been placed with a family member pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Early Voting For Midterm Elections Begin As Texans Headed To The Polls
- Murder Trial Underway For Gunman Accused In Uptown Dentist Murder
- Former Dallas County School President Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- NFL Team Grades Week 7: Ravens Learn Nothing In NFL Is Automatic
- TCU Wide Receiver KaVontae Turpin Arrested For Assault With Bodily Injury
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time