ANNA (CBSDFW.COM) – The father of a two-year-old found unconscious in a hot car parked in front of their Anna home has been arrested.
Joshua Cartee, 32, was arrested Friday evening, one day after his two year old son Jordan was taken to Children’s Medical Center. Jordan remains in critical condition.
The Collin County Sheriff confirms Jordan was found in the car around 2:30 p.m on Thursday, next to a home in the 9300 block of Sam Rayburn Parkway. He was breathing when he was found. Temperatures were in the mid-90s. Police say the child was able to get out of the home and into the car on his own unnoticed.
A spokesperson for Child Protective Services says the Cartee family had a similar incident in July with Jordan. A passerby found the little boy wandering around the property by himself, picked him up and called police.
At that time, CPS told the family that the toddler needed better supervision and the family was told to install safety locks in the home.
CPS has filed for temporary custody of Jordan once he gets out of the hospital. Another child in the home has been placed with a family member pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Hemp About To Be Removed From Texas’ Controlled Substances List
- Police Identify Man Who Beat Woman For Blocking Parking Lot Exit
- Arlington’s Hunter Pence Will Open Season On Rangers Roster
- Consumer Group Says Lead Levels Too High In Texas Schools’ Drinking Water
- Suspect Charged With Capital Murder In Dallas For Shooting, Killing Man In Vehicle
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time