ANNA (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The father of a two-year-old boy who died after being found in a hot car could face updated charges.
Joshua Cartee is already being held in the Collin County jail, charged with injury to a child. Sheriff’s Lt. John Norton says no decision has been made on whether to upgrade the charge against him.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office on Wednesday had not yet released a cause of death for two-year-old Jordan Cartee.
He was found unconscious Sept. 12 in a vehicle outside his home as temperatures were in the 90s. Jordan died Monday afternoon at a Dallas hospital.
CBS 11 has learned that the Joshua Cartee had been previously warned by Child Protective Services in July, after a stranger found Joshua wandering around the property by himself, picked him up and called police.
At that time, CPS told the family to install safety locks in the home and to provide better supervision for the toddler.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Hemp About To Be Removed From Texas’ Controlled Substances List
- Police Identify Man Who Beat Woman For Blocking Parking Lot Exit
- Arlington’s Hunter Pence Will Open Season On Rangers Roster
- Consumer Group Says Lead Levels Too High In Texas Schools’ Drinking Water
- Suspect Charged With Capital Murder In Dallas For Shooting, Killing Man In Vehicle
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time