BURLESON (CBSDFW.COM) — Retta Baptist Church in Burleson is now in the movie business.
The church has produced a movie called “My Son,” which received an “R” rating for violence and drugs.
Pastor Chuck Kitchens says he hopes people look past the rating — and see the message.
“We’re hoping to reach people that wouldn’t normally go to a Christian movie,” said Pastor Kitchens. “Maybe they will look at this and say, ‘it can’t be too churchy because it is R-rated.'”
The movie is about a couple who loses custody of their little boy and takes drastic measures to restore their struggling family — with the help from an erratic friend.
The film was largely filmed in private homes, churches and local businesses in Alvarado, Mansfield and River Oaks by a crew of more than 40 volunteers.
The movie opens Thursday night at Burleson’s Premiere Cinema. For tickets and other information, visit MySonMovie.com.
- First Texas Democrat To Run For President In 2020, Julian Castro, Campaigns In Dallas
- State Department Rejects Visas For Family Of Former Afghan Translator Shot, Paralyzed In Dallas
- Former Green Bay Packers Star Randall Cobb Signs 1-Year Deal With Cowboys
- Jesuit Dallas Sued Over Alleged Child Sexual Abuse By Former Priest
- Fans Get Into Melee After Boxing Match Saturday Night In Arlington
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time