FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Bell Helicopter is trimming its Fort Worth workforce.
The company is cutting 290 jobs as it faces sharp reductions in defense spending. Production of Bell’s V-22 Osprey is expected to be cut in half. The aircraft, built along with Boeing Corporation, takes off vertically and flies like an airplane.
The layoffs are effective immediately and will include hourly, salaried and management employees. About 85 Bell contractors will be impacted as well.
Bell is in the midst of a major reconstruction of it’s headquarters in east Fort Worth as it combines several operations there. The company has also been in contract negotiations with the UAW which staged a one-day walkout earlier this month.
[display-posts category=”news,sports” posts_per_page=”5″]
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures