TYLER (CBSDFW.COM) – A teenager and several of his friends were almost struck by lighting on Lake Athens Saturday afternoon.
Tucker Owings, 16, and his friends were fishing on the lake near Tyler, when skies turned stormy overhead. He was recording the storm on his camera when a bolt of lighting struck in front of their boat.
The teen said that he and his friends felt “static” in their fishing rods, which is why they started heading toward shore.
No one onboard was injured.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Judge Orders New Federal Review Of Keystone XL Pipeline
- $92M Is New Estimate For Trump Military Parade; Big Increase
- Senate Unanimously Adopts Resolution Declaring ‘Press Is Not The Enemy Of The People’
- Half-Million Flowers Create Intricate ‘Carpet’
- Lupe Valdez On Missing Gun: ‘I Take Responsibility For Any Error’
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures