NORTH TEXAS (1080 KRLD) – The construction contractor announced back in August that the DFW Connector project at the north end of DFW Airport was finished. That announcement has led many drivers to wonder why there have still been backups and detours in the overnight hours and on the weekends along Hwy 121 and Hwy 114 through Grapevine.
Alyssa Tenorio with contractor NorthGate Constructors, the company hired by the state to do the work, says the ongoing lane closures have been necessary to get everything properly completed and to keep the workers safe.
Tenorio says the contract with the state ends on Thursday, October 31st and after that there should not be additional major detours or closures.
There will still be some lane closures, but she says they’ll be infrequent and should not cause major delays.
There is work still scheduled this weekend, however. For more on that, click here (www.dfwconnector.com)
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Attack Victim Still Hospitalized, Awaiting Heart Transplant
- Heat Cancels Some North Texas Events, But Not Dallas Zoo Dollar Day
- Ice Companies Loving Heatwave: Triple-Digit Temps Mean Cold Cash
- Historic LaGrave Field To Get Millions of Dollars Of Improvements So Baseball Can Return
- Outgoing Texas GOP Lawmaker Calls For Trump’s Impeachment
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures