FORT WORTH (AP) – Jeff Gordon says most of his answers will be similar when asked about his Sprint Cup championship chances.
They will usually be along the lines of wait and see what happens.
The four-time Cup champion is just happy to be in the conversation with three races left in the season. And it’s better than the questions he was getting earlier this season about retiring or what changes were needed for his team.
Since getting an unprecedented 13th spot in the Chase, he has moved up to a season-high third in points going into Sunday’s race at Texas. He won last weekend at Martinsville.
Gordon is within 27 points of co-leaders Matt Kenseth and Jimmie Johnson.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
*Listen to NASCAR in DFW on 105.3 The Fan
- Hundreds Of Sexual Abuse Cases Reported At Children’s Camps Across U.S.
- Texas Firefighters Save More Than 100 Snakes From House Fire
- CDC Warning: ‘Say No To Raw Cookie Dough’
- Warriors Named Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson Of The Year
- Tuch’s Game-Winner Lifts Vegas Past Dallas, 4-2
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures