DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A tired driver fell asleep at the wheel and crashed her new pickup truck into a Dallas mattress store late Monday, police said.
It all happened around 11:30 p.m. on Monday night at the Sleep Experts store on Henderson Avenue, near Central Expressway.
According to police, the female driver of the truck had just gotten off from a 13-hour shift when she fell asleep on the way home. Her truck ended up deep inside of the store, and firefighters had to call Oncor to disconnect the electricity before the vehicle could be pulled out. The woman was not hurt.
There was no immediate estimate on the amount of damage caused to the building, and no word on whether or not the store will be open for business on Tuesday.
- ‘Affluenza Teen’ Ethan Couch Has Ankle Monitor Removed
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller Submits Final Report To Department Of Justice
- UFC’s Frank Shamrock Faces Animal Cruelty Charges After Allegedly Abandoning Dog At Airport
- Accused Santa Fe High School Shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis Won’t Face Federal Charges
- Pair Suspected In More Than 2 Dozen Vehicle Burglaries Arrested In Parker County
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures