HALTOM CITY (CBSDFW.COM) – Authorities are investigating a fourth attempted abduction in Tarrant County over the past two weeks. This most recent incident happened in Haltom City, and police said that it was aggressive.
“He’s here looking for somebody,” said parent Michelle Smith. “I think he’s going to find somebody. It’s scary.”
The previous three abduction attempts took place in Hurst and North Richland Hills. All of the cases have been very similar, but police are not yet sure if they are connected.
The Haltom City incident happened on Monday afternoon, as a 19-year-old girl was walking along the side of Denton Highway. A man reportedly got out of his truck and grabbed the woman. She screamed, and another driver noticed what was happening. The suspect let go and took off when that driver stopped to help.
“It’s definitely eye awakening,” said resident Mindy Anderson. “I live right in back of the school there and a lot of the kids walk home.”
The report follows similar cases in the neighboring cities of North Richland Hills and Hurst. In those abduction attempts, two different young girls were followed after getting off of a school bus — one young girl was followed twice. But the suspect in these cases was said to be driving a black SUV or truck. In the Haltom City incident, the suspect was in a green truck with tools and trash inside.
Despite the differences in the suspected vehicle, police departments in all three cities are working together because of other similarities in these cases.
- Fast Food Restaurant Customers Frustrated With Towing Company, Poor Signage In Southlake
- Victim Identified In Shopping Center Shooting In Garland
- Former Dallas Mayor Laura Miller Files To Run For City Council 2 Hours Before Deadline
- Southwest Airlines Declares ‘Operational Emergency’ Due To High Number Of Planes Out Of Service
- Fort Worth Fire Department Recruiting To Fill Positions For New Station Opening In 2020
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures